heys
guess what? today's november twenty third, thanksgiving :)
about a month to christmas
yujia and i went crazy during biochem lab and were asking whui to cook turkey for us tomorrow. Haha
Anyway, you know how i always tell people this year has been the worst year of my life
I realised it hasn't been that bad after all :)
In fact, on the contrary, there's alot of things to be thankful for
It's funny how last year at this time we all stood there after the a levels wondering what life was going to be like, many decisions to make, important and daunting decisions that would shape the rest of our lives
I remember being on the verge of giving up hope of doing medicine and just letting everything go. But thankfully, no matter how crap the last lap was, and even though i was dissapointed with the a level grades, the a levels turned out sufficient enough.
The uncertainty of what 2006 would hold was settled when i got into medical school here and my parents decided not to let me go for any other interviews in aust and all. And at first i was quite apprehensive about coming here, didn't really like london and wanted to go to australia and stuff but in the end, everything has worked out :) I've found many nice friends here, friends that make going to school fun :) and i'm contented here. Maybe there's really a good in goodbye like my older sister was telling me about before i left. Sometimes you really just got to let everything fall into place in its time.
There's driving too which i managed to pass on my second attempt :)
There's the jobs and attachment i've had this year which turned out to be really fun and i'm glad i still keep in touch with the people i've met along the way eventhough we worked together for such a short four months.
I can't thank all the people in my life enough for all they've done this year. I'm glad that before i left i got to catch up with a lot of friends i have not met up with in a long time too.
I'm glad that i've grown to trust in christ a lot more and now, when i see how everything is falling into place, i see that really, he will never fail or forsake you, no matter how hopeless things may get :)
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord blessed be Your name
It's only when i look back and trace the way
my crooked path has wandered
i see the foot prints in the sand
and i realise
You were there beside me
every single day...
You carried me through all my trails
You carried me when i was troubled and alone
when my strength had gone, couldn't get along without You
You carried me, so i wouldn't stumble
You carried me just when i needed someone there
Who would be a friend when i reached the end
because He carried me
and now as i turn to face the narrow way,
with shadows growing longer
i know my savours by my side
always there for me and He'll care for me
when the enemy draws near
He carried me through all my trails
He carried me when i was troubled and alone
when my strength had gone, couldn't get along without Him
He carried me, so i wouldn't stumble
He carried me just when i needed someone there
Who would be a friend when i reached the end
because He carried me
And, finally,what everyone has been looking forward too haha... as for the unhappy stuff that plagued a large part of the year, nothing sums it up better than this.. :)
There's some things that I regret,
Some words I wish had gone unsaid,
Some starts,
That had some bitter endings,
Been some bad times I've been through,
Damage I could not undo,
Some things,
I wish I could do all, all over again,
But it don't really matter,
When life gets that much harder,
It makes you that much stronger,
Oh, some pages turned,
Some bridges burned,
But there were,
Lessons learned.
And every tear that had to fall from my eyes,
Everyday I wonderd how I'd get through the night,
Every change, life has thrown me,
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart,
I'm grateful, for every start,
Some pages turned,
Some bridges burned,
But there were lessons learned.
There's mistakes that I have made,
Some chances I just threw away,
Some roads,
I never should've taken,
Been some signs I didnt see,
Hearts that I hurt needlessly,
Some wounds,
That I wish I could have one more chance to mend,
But it don't make no difference,
The past can't be rewritten,
You get the life you're given,
Oh, some pages turned,
Some bridges burned,
But there were,
Lessons learned.
And every tear that had to fall from my eyes,
Everyday I wonderd how I'd get through the night,
From every change life has thrown me,
I'm thankful, for every break in my heart,
I'm grateful, for evert start.
Some pages turned,
Some bridges burned,
But there were lessons learned.
And all the things that break you,
All the things that make you strong,
You can't change the past,
Cause it's gone,
you just gotta move on,
Because they are all,
Lessons learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment